is an educational seminar focusing on the needs of children during the stressful transition of divorce or parental separation. Required by the Superior and Circuit Courts of Gibson County for all parties involved in divorce, paternity, custody disputes, or modification of visitation with minor children, this seminar is designed to build on the strengths parents inherently have to help them as they work with their child(ren) to emerge from this experience of divorce with a sense of self-worth and belonging. One of the primary messages given throughout the seminar is that children need both parents in their lives and that parents need to work together to increase their child’s ability to adjust to the changes associated with divorce/parental separation. Those benefitting from Transparenting are: divorcing parents, never-married parents (paternity cases), previously-divorced parents who are changing custody/visitation arrangements, custodial grandparents & other concerned family members.
TransParenting (originally called Children Coping with Divorce) was developed in the late 1980’s by Families First (Atlanta, GA).
DO NOT BRING CHILDREN TO THE SEMINAR! CHILD CARE IS NOT PROVIDED!
- You must pre-register and make payment prior to attending the desired seminar. You may pre-register: 1) by completing the attached registration form and mailing it, along with your payment, to Family Time Plus, 107 E State St., Princeton, IN 47670; or 2) online at www.familytimeplus.com and complete the registration form and make payment. Note: If registering online, there is an additional Payment Processing and Service Fee.
- Do not send cash or personal check. An additional $5.00 fee will be assessed for each personal check received to cover costs of returning checks to participants.
- Classes start on time. Plan to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to class time to sign in. Admission is not allowed after the class begins.
- Persons who fail to show for the seminar registered (without calling at least 24 hours in advance of the seminar) or who show up late and have to be re-scheduled for a different date will be assessed a $5.00 administrative fee.
- Upon completion of seminar, the Court will be notified of your attendance.
NOTE: In the event that there is an
insufficient number of pre-registered
persons for a particular session, that
session will be cancelled and persons
registered for that session will be
notified (if a correct phone contact is
provided on the registration form).
- 2018 Dates
- January 11, 2018
- February 8, 2018
- March 8, 2018
- April 12, 2018
- May 10, 2018
- June 14, 2018
- July 12, 2018
- August 9, 2018
- September 13, 2018
- October 11, 2018
- November 8, 2018
- December 13, 2018
- 5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Family Time Plus
- 107 E. State St.
- Princeton, IN 47670
- $60 / person
- (money order or cashier’s check,
- if mailing registration
Prior to attending the Transparenting seminar, you are strongly encouraged to use an excellent resource which is available free on the internet. UpToParents.org is a free, confidential, and interactive website
for divorcing and divorced parents designed to assist children through difficult changes. ProudToParent.org is intended for those who were never married but have children together. This process will assist parents in making specific decisions which will have a positive impact on their children. While not a requirement by the Courts at this time, persons who participate in the process will benefit greatly from the practical ideas and suggestions provided on these websites.